Over 2 months to pass before Christmas holiday season starts. For online merchants, it is time to refresh or customize ecommerce site they own excitingly with the application of Christmas marketing ideas in terms of getting higher search engine visibility of their products during this specific period. If you want more sales with less time and efforts, you should pay more attention to the areas of your ecommerce website that optimized easily. Compare your sites with competitors first, see if have updated their site with any exciting offers, discounts, coupons, etc. Are there site banners looks more attractive? Are they providing free shipping to all products?
Once you dominate the kind of above promotional offers, next step is to check ranking of your ecommerce store in search engine for specific search queries. What position you deserve right now, especially for the long tail search terms that usually have low competition and higher conversion. Is that far away from first page of search engine? Do not worry; two months are enough to reach there, if you consistently follow 10 easy SEO optimization tips for Ecommerce Site that mainly includes three main areas of ecommerce website optimization, on-page, off-page through link building and social media, by which you can able to boost Christmas holiday sale and revenue.
|For Ecommerce Store|
- If you have not done it yet, do a little audit of your site for 404 errors, broken links or missing graphics, etc.
- You can update home page area with keyword rich anchor text for special Christmas ranges or categories.
- Revise the Meta descriptions with typical Christmas keywords. For example, "gift box" or "delivery guarantee" or even a matching call to action words.
- Add Alt Tags to Images on all pages ranked high on search engines.
- Short-term link building initiatives using link baits such as “Top 10 Charismas Gifts to give this Holiday Season” etc.
- Optimize for value-added services such as free packaging, free shipping, gift ideas or gift consultant, etc.
- Check & optimize your pay per click ads.
- Add Long tail keywords to the pages ranking higher in search engines.
- Make friends who own the website that is related to your niche and request them to link back to you site from their home or any other page.
- Write a blog post that includes Christmas, Gift, Holiday with your product’s keywords.
- With holiday keywords, you can promote the products with the brand into the social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- You can also start blogging temporarily to promote your products for grabbing attention of people visit your blog in the search of shopping and gift ideas specially for Christmas holidays.